As we age, our cells require more moisture. Water plays a critical role for daily bodily function as well as keeping skin as strong as possible. We’ve mentioned this before, but feel that this topic needs to be discussed a little further. Staying hydrated is one thing, but the main thing is how? Busy lifestyles can sometimes cause us to forget how much water we need to intake on a daily basis. As a result, your skin can suffer from decreased water intake.
You can start experiencing fatigue and a slower metabolism if you don’t hydrate regularly. A classic misconception is the idea that water “bloats you”. On the contrary, it actually helps to burn more calories as you are able to stay more energized and alert. Lastly, and probably most importantly for us, your skin will look and stay younger with proper water intake. The general recommendation is around 8-10 glasses of water a day! That sounds like a lot of water to some. Luckily there are many fun and easy ways to ensure that you’re getting enough hydration.
Try Some of These:
- Lemon Water: If you are bored of bringing regular water with you to work, try slicing up a lemon the night before and adding them into your water bottle. Let this rest overnight in the fridge and grab it on the go in the morning. This mixture of fruit and water keeps you hydrated, as well as drives some extra micronutrients into your body. Win, win situation right?
- Coconut Water: This is quite popular nowadays since it is a viable substitute for water. Get some extra electrolytes in your body! You can stay hydrated with this alternate drink as well as help improve your nerve and muscle function. Who doesn’t like extra energy too?
- Herbal Tea: Either hot or cold, tea is a great way to become more alert in those early mornings. It doesn’t matter which one you choose, so long as you are drinking. We like drinking green tea every now and then since it works as a great promoter for efficient detoxing.
- Fresh Smoothie: Try mixing ingredients like spinach, celery, lemon, ginger, pineapple, apple, bananas, pears, and water together. This is a quick and efficient way to increase your micro nutrient intake as well as mix up the way your water can taste. See what you can come up with! The list doesn’t stop there. The possibilities are endless.
- Milk: This last one isn’t necessarily tolerated by everyone, but it still works really well in terms of hydration and delivers huge amounts of calcium into your body. This makes your bones and joints stronger, along with your skin looking healthier. If you aren’t a fan of milk or can’t drink it for personal reasons, see how you like cashew milk, almond milk, and soy milk!
With these extra ways to stay hydrated, we’re sure you can keep your skin healthy and your entire body too.
If you want to boost your skin’s moisture levels, check out our Retinol Moisturizer Cream.